113 Geneva Road, New Bern, NC 28562-7044
My professional experience spans 26 years in supporting all levels of the z/OS operating system environment with the last 10 years of my career concentrating in level 2 technical support for Http Server, WebSphere Application Server, and WebSphere MQ. I retire from IBM in March 2018.
- Setup of WebSphere Servers in the development and test environments
- Excellent client relationship management
- Dedication to providing the best technical support for my customers
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and the technical community
Software Engineer, IBM Corporation, Durham, NC July 2003 – March 2018
- Provide Level 2 technical support for WebSphere (WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere MQ) and HTTP server on z/OS.
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues related to WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, WebSphere MQ FTE, and HTTP server on z/OS.
- Assist level 3 in problem resolution and the creation of APARS and PTFs.
- Create documentation on setup, troubleshooting, and best practice scenarios for z/OS.
- Promote teamwork through knowledge sharing and readiness to perform multiple roles when necessary to support the team goals.
Consultant, Alliance Professionals & Consultants, Raleigh NC October 2000 – January 2002
- Provided technical support at IBM Corporation for WebSphere and HTTP server on z/OS.
- Troubleshoot software code for Java, J2EE, and WebSphere applications.
- Diagnosed Application Server and HTTP Server installation issues.
- Assisted level 3 in problem resolution and the creation of APARS and PTFs.
System Programmer, Wake County Public School System, Raleigh NC August 1999 – October 2000
- Provided enterprise-wide technological direction and support for z/OS TCP/IP and VTAM to one of the largest school systems in the country.
- Supported all VTAM applications, and maintained email system [TAO from Fischer International].
- Maintained, installed, configured, and performed tests on IBM HTTP Server and Lotus Web Mail on z/OS.
- Installed new products for testing and evaluation using SMP/E or IBM utilities.
- Ported UNIX applications to OS/390 OMVS [Perl, Rexx, gzip, TAOINET].
- Upgraded OS/390 to current levels.
- Performed quality assurance tests on the new operating systems and applied any PTF(s) as needed.
- Created Technical Support Web page on OS/390.
- Configured OSA-II adapters.
- Enhanced organization and efficiency by developing and establishing new policies and procedures.
- Supported VPS, TAO, TAOINET, SNMP applications and SMTP applications.
- Supported z/OS (MVS) operating systems.
- Cisco Project – converted NCP connections to Cisco TN3270.
- IBM TCP/IP Project – uninstalled Sterling TCPaccess to reduce cost of maintaining two TCP/IP stacks on the mainframe.
- Palm Pilot Project – performed testing and wrote documentation for Palm connectivity to GUI TAO interface.
- Printer Project – fine tuned solutions for attaching printers to network for Oracle applications and MVS mainframe application [JES2].
- Oracle Project – installed and maintained test system for z/OS connectivity to Oracle servers on Unix platform VTAM, SMP/E, z/OS Troubleshooting, Network Troubleshooting, Education.
System Specialist/Programmer Analyst, Prudential Insurance, Roseland NJ May 1995 – June 1999
- Provided enterprise-wide technological support for OS/390 by: installing and troubleshooting new and existing products, assisting business partners with technical direction, and establishing new policies and procedures.
- Converted SNA processes to TCP/IP process, BDT, TSO XMIT, NVDM, Open Connect System Web Services, and Connect Direct.
- Supported data warehousing project by coordinating and setting up MVS applications.
- Maintained the TCP/IP parameters for ESCON channels attach to SP2.
- Explored business opportunities for Prudential by collaborating with business areas to find new ways to utilize TCP/IP.
- Installed Connect Direct for Unix on AIX and Sun servers, configured SNA services on UNIX, and set up an environment for TCP/IP and SNA connectivity.
- Verified Y2K compliance of supported products.
- Monitored TCP/IP network for Prudential’s Business Partners.
- Maintained I/O gens for 11 footprints with a total of 17 images.
- Provided technical support for IBM hardware and IBM OS/390 software.
- Converted hardware from bus/tag to ESCON in two data centers.
- Converted Prudential’s IOCDS datasets to Hardware Configuration Definition (HCD) statements and streamlined the process for future growth.
- Assisted in the closing of two data centers and centralizing the systems.
- Received the Prudential Rock Solid Award for customer support.
Operations Analyst, Comdisco Disaster Recovery Services, Inc., North Bergen NJ August 1988 – May 1995
- Supported IBM mainframes and peripherals for the preparation of disaster recovery tests.
- Troubleshoot MVS and VM operating systems, NCP gens and in-house LAN/WAN.
- Worked closely with business partners to insure successful disaster recovery tests.
- Supported 13 actual disasters.
Computer Operator, Engelhard Corporation, Iselin NJ August 1986 – August 1988
- Monitored MVS and VM systems after business hours.
- Ran nightly, weekly and monthly backups.
- Maintained tape library.
- Printed and distributed corporate forms.
- Assisted in the migration of the data center to a new location.
Web Master Skills Course – Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, New Jersey
BS Economics – Salem State College, Salem, MA
U.S. Coast Guard and U.S. Coast Guard Reserve September 1975 – September 1986
- Marksmanship Medals and Ribbons
- Meritorious Service Medal